ques concerning integrating ufh rads + dhw with combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, pls excuse my apparent niavity, but we all got ot start some where. i am soon to be starting renovation on a stone terraced house in france, literally from the ground up, as it stands there is nothing, and am trying to piece together my plans. obviously at this stage everything is to be considered, but i am considering ufh heating on the ground floor( which has yet to be laid,)large aluminium (but correctly sized) radiators on the first floor(bed room, bathroom, open plan office/lounge) and two smallish children rooms in the loft also with rads. Partly as i wish to avoid the expense and partly due to conserving space, i am considering a combi boiler, and would like to know 1:if it is possible to run ufh, rads and dhw off a combi boiler, (i have read the exhaustive threads discussing the 300wc)2: is it possible to have the return from the rads to flow thru the ufh, or contribute towards heating the ufh, before heading back to condense the boiler.3: are there any suggestionss as to what type of electro gismos are around apart from w/c help economise the system, perhaps stop it firing up when the return from the rads is sufficient to pass thru the ufh, 4 will seperate pumps be necessary or will the mains pressure be enough to power the system? any pointers would be appreciated. chris

Sponsored Links
if the house is not too large you could size rads for 50°C flow and 30°C return.

then you can run the whole system(UFH and rads) with a combi that has its max flow temp flow capped at 50°C with out mixing valves and off the internal combi pump.

would make the UFH and rads two separate zones though.

that would be the simplest and easiest way of doing it. depends on a few others factors though.

hi thanks to take the time to reply, yes i had considered this solution, although infact i was considering splitting the ufh heating already into 2 zones(kitchen tiled lounge/extension floor boards), so considering the rads as the 3rd, would that too pass thru the manifold for the ufh or run independent from the boiler? as i am starting completely from scratch what other factors should be considered, expense is alwasys an issue, but i would like to be as ecological and efficient as possible. So what features could/would you incorporate, i would be interested to hear? just to fill you outon the sixe of the property the ground floor is 55m2, upstairs 35m2 loft 18m2, so small, ta chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back