Question about Electric UFH Thermostat & Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm having electric UFH installed in my flat in a few weeks & have a few questions that I was hoping you could help with -

• I have a large living room (30sq.m) & will need two heating mats of 15sq.m each. Does that mean that I will need separate thermostats for each mat, or can I use one thermostat to control both mats? THIS is the mat that I will be using
  • In terms of the thermostat - Do I need to buy a thermostat that is the same brand as the mats, in which case THIS is my only option. I hope that is not the case as I wanted something a bit better, with WiFi connectivity etc. (Like THESE). Could you please confirm & let me know if there are any restrictions on the thermostat that I can buy?
  • Lastly, is it worth running the mats under my sofa? It's not a flat-bottomed sofa, but it is low with a ground clearance of about 4cm. Is it pointless to run it under the sofa, or will it actually heat up the sofa if it is under it?

Thanks you in advance for any help.

Cheers,(y)
Ducky

Sponsored Links
The stat you have linked to will only switch 16 amps (the mats are around 10 amps each) so a better solution would be to buy whatever stat you like and have a electrician fit a relay to control the switching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back