question about Ideal boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a IDEAL ICOS HE boiler its about 3 years old does any one know if I can fit a remote thermostat as the one i have is not in an ideal place and wondered could i put the remote one in the coldest room. Its almost impossible to move the existing one

Sponsored Links
Yes you can. Just remove the existing room stat wires from the wiring center and connect the switched terminals from the wireless receiver to these.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dave
Can I buy one at any plumbers merchants and any idea of the cost

Babs

just replaced my digistat as the transmitter failed. think it was about £120 roughly.

Yes, the easiest to use is the Honeywell CM927, as for price it is hard to say, depends whether the merchants will let you have any discounts.

Don't go to Plumb Center because they will probably charge nearly retail to a member of the public.

Try 'phoning your local Graham's, PTS or Plumbase. They are usually competitive to the public.

Thanks for all your replies just one more question, do you just remove the thermostat wires in the control box and wire in the wireless receiver wires in there place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back