Ideal Icos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am (tomorrow) about to buy an Ideal Icos, to replace my old Ideal Elan 2. I need to do this as I am putting up a conservatory, and the balanced flue on the Elan, will end up inside the conservatory. The boiler is fitted in the garage.

I have someone (corgi reg'd) that will fit it for me, but I would like to get other ideas first.

I am getting an Ideal Icos HE18. My current one is Ideal Elan RS 240

I intend to have the flue (powered) going up through the garage roof. Approx 2 metres from the boiler. This is also over 1m from the house etc.

My existing pipework is 22mm.

I have 11 rads, on a BTU 40,000. I thought that was a little small and expected it to be a 60,000, but there you go.

Getting a 60,000 (HE18) is this an overkill, do I only need a 40,000.

Am I using the best option, any other suggestions?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Bob

Sponsored Links
You need to know the energy requirements of the house, and the hot water system. You can download a calculator from the Myson website. Then add some for your HW - could be as much as a 25kW coil in the cylinder.

Sponsored Links
well if it worked on a 40.000 im sure you will be well ok with a 60,000
if its a tad large it wont be working as hard
for the diff in price go for it :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back