Question about JG flexible push fit connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased an FLX26P Speedfit to Speedfit flexible connector, and looking down the barrel (so to speak) I can see only the main 'O' ring but in the JG little hand book page 9 there is a picture of the innards which shows a secondary seal at the pipe end.

Mine has only the main O ring is this correct or should there be two seals, need to know before I start a job tomorrow.

Regards vectraguy.

Sponsored Links
You can buy inserts with two o rings, you are probably looking at those.

You can buy inserts with two o rings, you are probably looking at those.

Could be, but the handbook shows exploded pictures of firstly the Twist and lock version, and next the Standard fittings both of which have the secondary seal at the end of the inserted pipe.

They make a big thing about the benefits of having two seals, and unless mine are old stock and have a lower spec, and if non of our members can give me a positive answer by looking at one I think a trip back to Plumb Centre is required to make sure.

Regards vectraguy

As I said they do 2 types of insert the normal one TSM15N, the 15 being the size. and the superseal STS15, which has the additional O rings.

Sponsored Links
As I said they do 2 types of insert the normal one TSM15N, the 15 being the size. and the superseal STS15, which has the additional O rings.

Sorry m8 I think you have misunderstood me, because the numbers you refer to are not Flexible connectors like the ones in question here, but rather inserts to be used when connecting speedfit pipe to compression fittings.

I am not using compression but speedfit to speedfit onto 22mm pipe at each end, hope that clarifies the situation, and I'm still looking for an answer to my original uncertainty.

Regards vectraguy.

You wont see the retaining ring looking into fitting, but it is there.

Flexi hoses DIA ;)

Hey, I know what an HLX26p is. :rolleyes:

The secondary seal as show on page 9 is the insert I posted above :LOL:

Sorry and thank you buttons on the right :LOL:

muggles";p="1377173 said:
inserts to be used when connecting speedfit pipe to compression fittings.

You should use the inserts in all fittings, including the Speedfit ones

Where did I say that :LOL:

They do two types, see above, the standard insert is best for compression fittings, and a other type has the additional O rings and is better for speedfit fittings. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back