Question about Loft socket

Thanks for reply every one I think I'm just going to run a extension lead up from bedroom 1 to loft 1 as this wud be the easiest of all. Its only to power a slx TV distributor, masthead amp and a CCTV DVR that's it.
The house is old and wud need a rewire but its up to the landlord to sort that out as we rent our home. Would the extension lead be OK for the few things I want to run?

Sponsored Links
That's true but say they don't want any alterations for some reason (cost ect) , Will the extension lead be OK as a last resort?? I can also take this with me to next house if we move.

That's true but say they don't want any alterations for some reason (cost ect)
you could suggest you will cover the costs. But if I were your landlord, I would insist that the work was carried out by a competent electrician and request that an inspection and test were made and documented of any alterations.
Will the extension lead be OK as a last resort??
It will do, but you must inform the landlord if you need to break in to the fabric of the building to do this and arrange for any damage to be repaired when routing for the extension and when you take it with you.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply
There is an old TV aerial ducting in corner of room beside the socket that I will use to feed extension cable through so no alterations, holes drilled ect required. I think the landlord might consider a rewire in the near future as when I talked to them I put it across that it would be best for the property all round. So hopefully some good will come of it. In main time I will use the extension lead.
Thanks

There also appears to be some damage too at least two of the cables under the black fuse unit. Possibly rodent caused.

208000_207819_65919_93131114.jpg

Yes it had rodents before we moved. House was empty for long time.We had cables replaced due to this.

I just want to say thank you to all for you help with this and as i have decided to go with the extension lead idea I'm now finished with this topic so once again thank you for all your inputs I appreciate it very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back