Question about pipe work drainage

To be honest, as long as the falls are all ok then the final arrangement is down to personal preference.

The pan at 45degs looks a bit weird/bodge to my eyes - I'd be inclined to either:

a) put the pan on the adjacent wall and run the waste to the stack through a 90 degree elbow above floor.

or

b) Box out in front of the stack so that the pan spigot is pointing straight to the stack.

Still unsure about your other connection (40mm) as I can on guess from the photos you originally posted.

Don't think about notching joists for 40mm - unless you have massively overspecced the joists then you will be taking out a dangerous amount of support.

Any help?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again.

I'll go with option a) then as it's a gentler radius and option b just doesn't feel right now as the wall hung basin is on the other wall. There is room to pass but it makes the whole setup look odd. I suppose the benefit would be being able to hold onto the basin to squeeze out a difficult sh1t but other than that no.

Just a couple more things (and by the way going to post more pictures).

I'm using a laminate timber floor which is 12mm thick and it says on a sticker on the front that isn't ok to use in bathrooms. I'd rather use it because it allows me to put a bit of underlay underneath and avoid having to tile anymore.

Question is:

1) How is the boxing in done? How do I box around the stack pipe?

Many thanks

Fix 2x1 batten to walls/floor where you want the edges of the boxing. Decent ply sheet (minimum 12mm WBP) cut to form the box with 2x1 inside the external corners. Screwed not nailed. The boxing for the stack needs to be vented to comply with regs and to allow the aav to function. Plan the dimensions of the boxing to match the tile sizes (including any trims) you're using so avoiding odd cuts.

I wouldn't use flooring unsuitable for the room - if/when it fails you will have to rip it up and start again.

Don't forget, flooring goes down before you fix the pan

Sponsored Links
@newboy

View media item 83191View media item 83192View media item 83193

Just an update.

I've been slow about this because of work in other parts of the house, and because I want to get it right.

These rather blurry and unfocused pictures show the boxing in 12mm ply.

Like we talked about I'm going to have the toilet off of the boxing at right angles to the wall.

I've bought some pipes for fixing to the stack (shows in first picture), but I can return them if necessary if they aren't correct.

I was hoping perhaps you could tell me what I need to buy to configure this fiddly bend into the stack from the pan? The flexible waste in the picture doesn't quite make it all the way around on it's own

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back