question on speedfit water pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my upstairs bathroom and ensuite, I want to ultimately supply water to a bath, 2 showers, 2 washbasins and 2 WCs. Does it matter where I tap into the pipes to feed each thing? Do I have to always feed off the main pipe and run directly to each thing or can I feed off a pipe which is already feeding off the main pipe (if you get what I mean).
The hot main pipe seems to be 15mm and all the feeders are 15mm, but the cold looks more complicated. The main seems to be 28mm, then at present there is a 22mm feeding off this, then individual 15mms feeding off this to bath and sink. Which one do I feed off for the extra shower etc? Does it make a difference re water flow/pressure?

Sponsored Links
Will make no difference really, If its a combi then obviously the flow will be affected when other taps in the house are turned on. To your original question, T off wherever you like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back