Question regards undercutting door and frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i believe this is the most preferred method of installing laminate flooring when it comes to door frames. I have a few questions

1. is if it take this approach will I have to remove anything off the locking mechanisms and have to use glue? Or is this not the case?

I ask as Im laminating in bedrooms aswell so in future if a section off boards need to be lifted I didnt want to get stuck or dont wont them damaged trying to lift em up as there glued and then end up redoing the whole floor from new again with new laminate.

2. If I dont glue will the boards pop up open?

Im pretty good at sealing so im just working out the best approach for me. Heres a pic of my sealing its on tiles but it gives the impression.

All the rooms I will be laminating the flooring will end in that room it will not continue into hallways or other rooms. I dont know if that helps not having to glue or remove locking mechanisms would it

Thanks for any help and taking the time to read this[/list]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back