quick circuit breaker question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive bean reducing my lighting load with led and energy saver lamps .
have managed to get load done to 1.3 A with every light on indoors & outdoors .
these lights are fed from three 6A mcb's should i derate them for the reduced load ???? :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
As long as you haven't reduced the CSA or current carrying capacity of the cable, no.

Good on you. I am converting our house slowly to CFL lamps. I am going to be writing a mini-review of CFL and LED GU10s soon, shouting their praises and their two major weaknesses ;)

Sponsored Links
The light output from LEDs is rubbish
CFLs sometimes flash when installed in a 2 way lighting circuit depending how it is wired.
CFLs generally don't work too well with dimmer switches
CFLs are normally physically larger than standard lamps
CFLs take a while to come up to full brightness
The colour of the light they produce
Initial cost outlay

I'm sure there's more!!

runci21 said:
whats there weaknesses ???
The 2 i have found so far are they are slightly larger, requiring a new fitting to be installed. And they take a while to come to full brightness. I had a dump yesterday in the time it took the CFL above the bog to reach full brightness. :LOL:

I prefer 12v halogens myself. They run so hot, you don't need to turn on the bathroom radiators. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back