Quick demolition question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to have our detached brick built garage demolished (before it falls down!). Guy came round to quote demolising and removing brick/spoil but said that he would have to also remove the concrete slab/foundation due to "the regs".

My wife informs me it didn't sound like sales patter so that the job costs more but I am wondering why he can't leave the slab well alone and just take away everything that sits on it.

I'd hoped to be able to use the existing slab to stick a wooden garage on!

Anyone point me in the direction of something that supports what he is saying? Google didn't help me much I'm afraid.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Of course you can keep your concrete base!!!!....scammers nearly always sound plausible.

why would he want to take more away than he has to? He has quoted a fixed price not dependant on tonnage/quantity?

Just trying to work out what his motivation is.....?

i have no idea what his motivation would be! i just know you can retain your slab for your new garage.

maybe he is trying to justify his price dunno.

Sponsored Links
There are no regulations relating to this.

Ask the guy what regulations he is referring to and we can have a laugh.

But you would now be wise to cross this guy off the list of potential contractors, and get one that knows what he is doing and is not out to scam you

But you would now be wise to cross this guy off the list of potential contractors, and get one that knows what he is doing and is not out to scam you

It sounded dodgy when my wife told me but didn't want to jump the gun without doing my own research. I am going to let him waste his letterhead sending me the quote in writing though ;)

No chance he'll be doing the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back