Quick Electrical Questions - Home automation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody.

I just want to check if the following comply with electrical safety regs. As all the work will need to be signed off.

I plan to mount 4 double socket outlets on to a piece of wood and daisy chain them together. These will be powered by a fused spur coming from a socket on the ring main. The board will then be mounted in the attic in an accessible location. ( i think this is ok so far?)

The possibly sticky bit!

I want to wire several wall lights and down lighters in. I was planning to wire these into a mains plugs with the correct fuse rating and then plug them into a remote controlled socket on the previously mention board.

I know there are other options for home automation but for reasons that i wont go into remote controlled sockets are the best option at the moment providing all this comply s with regualtions

Sponsored Links
Try posting this in electrics uk, you might get a response from someone who knows. You can do what you ask (in theory) as long as the load to your fcu doesn't exceed 13amps but you may find the inductive load from your plug-in 'wall lights' in the loft exceeds that. Best to get an electrician to look at the job in person to advise but I don't think you'll get the response you're looking for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back