Quick question about flashing... (not that type!!!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Noticed yesterday that birds were going in and out of my roof (t.its) (that's what I said at the time and also what type they were).

Anyhoo, the 'flashing' (is that the correct term?) is pulled away slightly as per this photo.

I just wondered how I go about fixing this and how urgent it is?

The 'flashing' looks like it's plastic (is that the case?) and so I'm thinking that if I go up there and push it in, it will just get pushed out the way again.

I'm also concerned about whether I'd be trapping any young birds in the loft and preventing their mother getting to them to feed. So, I wondered am I better waiting until Autumn to fix it?

Or is this quite serious whereby if it doesn't get fixed all the flashing could get blown off??

I haven't got any ladders to get up there and do a bit of investigation at the moment but have a mate who can fetch his ladders for me. But, I wanted to get some info on the best way to fix it before he brings them as he'll be travelling quite a way.

Many thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Cheers

John :D

Sponsored Links
that flashing is called a dry verge.All that has to be done is it placed down again onto the tile and a big screw through the side into the fascia board

Thanks ScottishSlater,

Would you say that it is serious at the moment? Or is it no problem (i.e. is it something I can just fix at my leisure or is there a danger of the lot blowing down?) ??

Many thanks mate

John :D

Sponsored Links
the eaves fixing that come with most of those dry verge are usually pure pants best thing is four inch screw with a rubber washer on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back