quickest way to level for floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am preparing a kitchen floor ready for floor tiles. Most of the floor is sound and level but the end of the room (about 3 sq M) has dropped about 25mm over 1M. The customer has had this area checked for movement and assures me that it has settled. My question is how can I bring this to the same level as the rest of the area? Latex? Cement? Self-levelling? I would like to use a product and tile it in 2 days time. I've read that cement takes longer to dry hard.

Thanks in anticipation

Brian

Sponsored Links
there is nothing you can do that is guaranteed to work in 2 days! You can self level but will need 2-3 coats and with drying you are looking at a week including your 2-3 visits to the job to carry out work.

Sponsored Links
Did the job today. I actually couldn't wait to get the Mira product mail order so used Cementone Cemolatex self-levelling compound (from Travis Perkins). It worked a treat. I built it up in layers as each layer (3-4mm) was touch dry in about 20 mins. The bit of floor that had dropped took most of the day and right at the end I did a 3mm screed over the whole kitchen - hey presto! should be ready to work with tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back