Quicky - Siemens RDJ10RF and Combi Settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just wondering if you can help me out regarding my Siemens RDJ10RF settings?

Just moved into a new (old) house which currently has an RDJ10RF wireless thermostat and a Worcester 24i Junior combi boiler.

I'm just wondering whether I need to have the clock/timer on the front of the boiler switched to on/off/timer (or whether it makes a difference seeing as the wireless stat should bypass the boiler clock)?

I've tried leaving the boiler set to 'always on' on the front, with the stat set to run a 2 hour programme with the following result:

Programme seems to run fine, boiler light goes out when the programme is finished, but sounds like it's still running. I wouldn't mind normally, but it's quite noisy and is in an outbuilding, so I'm concerned about upsetting the neighbours. Occasionally though, the boiler's warning light will start flashing after the programme has finished and things will go quiet. This seems to result in no hot water also!

Any idea where I'm going wrong? Could I be setting the temps too high/low (the stat has the 'comfort' temp set to 19 and the 'fall back' set to 23 - not sure what these mean!)

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Pump running when boiler is done (apart from a short overrun) is wrong, and being noisy also indicates a problem
Best to find a good RGI, and get the whole system checked over before winter. WB 24 i junior is a notorious cowboy choice, and more often than not you will find the system full of gunk; a sure way to a premature end of any boiler.

Old thread but I'm looking at putting the same RDJ10RF wireless stat to a WB 30cdi.

In case anyone else is reading this, I'd say the clock that the OP refers to is the MT10, a mechanical timer, which should be disconnected to allow wiring of the RDJ10RF?

I have the MT10 fitted at present, until I get around to fitting a wireless stat. I'll be taking it out if I can find the blanking plate, but I suspect the fitter took that.

I'm now fed up with going out to the outhouse to turn the heating on and off or adjust the timer, so got the stat and fitting it tomorrow.

Thanks Scruff for your connection information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back