quiet portable heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a 3kw Dimplex fan heater for occasional use. It's very good except for the noise it makes at any setting. Anyone know of a quiet, small heater?

A 2kw heater would do. But it must be easily portable for a frail lady.

Sponsored Links
PBofD,

No, it can be any sort of heater. She really only uses it when she feels cold, like before the room has warmed her up. The Dimplex is fine except she can't hear the TV over the noise.

Sponsored Links
I got some oil filled electric rads In Wickes. Some have timers as well as thermostats. They give a constant modest heat but don't get hot enough to burn you, I think they vary from 500W to 2400W. You are not supposed to drape towels and things over them, but if you did I expect the thermostat would cut out before they got excessively hot, in which case they would be safer than most panel heaters.

I was lucky enough to get mine in the summer clearance sale for £4.30 each :eek:

Forced+Air+-+Variable+Propane+Heater.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back