quietest case with good cooling is . . .

Sponsored Links
Steve,

Give folks a chance to help you.

What will you be doing with the computer?
What are you putting inside the case?
Will you be overclocking and
What sort of cooling do you want, fan or water?

dave

Just browsing internet and media centre, plenty of storage. I have a system ready to go in. It has 2.13GHz dual core, 2 HDDs and a huge graphics card but not the best around (a micro case is out of the question)

I need at least 3 front bays and if possible built in card reader and front USB.

Fan cooling

No overclocking

I had an Antec desktop case, looks like the media centre one but without volume and display. But it took up too much space. Otherwise a great case.

Budget up to £80.

This better? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Steve, what did you go for in the end?

Antec Sonata is the 'off the shelf' silent option. but you can modify any case. Anything with 120mm fans is a good start, avoid windows as these leak sound ~(much like houses really)~ And a decent PSU is also a must. The Antecs are good if you still have yours.

I've just bought a black Lian-Li case, All aluminium so nice and light. Bit too flimsy soundwise though, so I cut a square of 12mm mdf and fixed it inside the side panel to deaden it. Also lined with acoustic foam.

Intel dual cores don't actually run very hot. But you will definitely need at least one fan pulling air through, for the sake of the HDD's.

Back