Quite a frightening development in USA, with comparisons to StormTroopers

Reaction score
Country
France
Portland protests: Federal agents 'abuse power' in arrests
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53453077
It is sadly, easy to see the comparison to the Sturmtruppen of Germany in the 1930's, a pseudo military force (paramilitary) answerable to one person.

Federal officers, deployed by President Donald Trump, have also fired tear gas and less-lethal munitions into crowds of demonstrators.​

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is it not worrying when you have a paramilitary force deployed by the President, and not answerable to the normal process of justice and the US constitution?

No cannot say I am worried :confused:

U probably don't know but
In some countries they have religious Police paramilitaries patrolling the street ;)

Arresting people for not dressing to a certain standard

Mostly woman ;) torture and sexual abuse of those arrested is the norm

They should give American citizens guns and let them fight it out amongst themselves......oh no wait a minute, they've already done that.

Not to me no, I don't live in the US.
Nor me, thankfully.
But this is a far-right wing President, so far right that even some Republicans are concerned about his policies.
And he's racist, a narcissist and an abuser of women to boot!
I shudder to think where the next four years will take us if he's re-elected.
And BJ has four more years to emulate his hero.

Last edited:
Nor me, thankfully.
But this is a far-right wing President, so far right that even some Republicans are concerned about his policies.
And he's racist to boot!

What of the authoritarian China, North Korea & Russia? Do you worry about them in the same way?

No cannot say I am worried :confused:

U probably don't know but
In some countries they have religious Police paramilitaries patrolling the street ;)

Arresting people for not dressing to a certain standard

Mostly woman ;) torture and sexual abuse of those arrested is the norm
But those countries are not held up as prime examples of freedom and democracy, and UK does not have a "special relationship" with them.
In addition, such countries that you have in mind are influenced in all sorts of ways to change their practices.

Never mind the "Yellow Peril " watch out for the "Washed Chicken"

Nor me, thankfully.
And he's racist to boot!

Well if Donald gets another term

The mad mullahs in Iran had better keep there suit cases packed and make sure there Geneva Bank accounts are topped up

:)

But those countries are not held up as prime examples of freedom and democracy

It's been recognised now, that the US has a problem with standards of behaviour and laws that are not enforceable.

https://www.ft.com/content/655e3852-ab70-45fa-ac78-7fe2673fb2b2

"Trump has helpfully uncovered bits of the American system that need fixing fast. What were unwritten norms before him could now become laws. All future presidential candidates should be obliged to divest their assets, release their tax returns and report foreign attempts to meddle in an election.

Presidents should lose their power over federal prosecutors, and over inspectors-general who act as watchdogs of cabinet departments.

Presidents shouldn’t be allowed to pardon criminal associates like Roger Stone."

But those countries are not held up as prime examples of freedom and democracy, and UK does not have a "special relationship" with them.
In addition, such countries that you have in mind are influenced in all sorts of ways to change their practices.

And u don't seemed bothered about the practices in these countries then again u never have :LOL:

Since when, most people outside the US regard it in many ways as a somewhat backwards, introspective user and absurer nation.

Sponsored Links
Back