Quite a frightening development in USA, with comparisons to StormTroopers

Sponsored Links
Ok, I admit this thread has confused me. Who is saying what? Maybe I should bow out if I can't follow it.

Sponsored Links
Does that make the federal agents "Paramilitaries".
Nope. It sure don't.

If you or dazzler can find evidence that it does.....then....
post it up boyo.
Did you not read the article?
US federal agents in unmarked cars
deployed by President Donald Trump, have also fired tear gas and less-lethal munitions into crowds of demonstrators.
state justice department was filing a lawsuit against the federal government over the detention of protesters "without probable cause".
"They not only make it impossible for people to assert their First Amendment rights to protest peacefully, they also create a more volatile situation on our streets."
violent escalation between protesters and federal agents, deployed two weeks ago by Mr Trump
federal agents have been jumping out of unmarked vehicles throughout the city, and grabbing protesters seemingly without cause.
describe how on 15 July he was "basically tossed" into a van containing armed people in body armour.
the acting secretary of homeland security defended the agents against the assembled "anarchists".
officers dressed in camouflage emerge from unmarked vehicles, grab protesters without explanation, and drive off.
Arresting people without probable cause, Ms Brown's spokesman, Charles Boyle, said on Friday, was "extraordinarily concerning and a violation of their civil liberties and constitutional rights".
local officials have said they did not request assistance from federal agents and have asked them to leave.
"Usually when we see people in unmarked cars forcibly grab someone off the street, we call it kidnapping," the organisation wrote on Twitter. "These actions are flat-out unconstitutional and will not go unanswered."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53453077
That's practically the whole quote. How much evidence did you want that they acted like paramilitaries?
The purpose of the stormtroopers was to intimidate, at first, then it was to eliminate.
Clearly, this is the first phase of Trump's paramilitaries.

IT Minion has already posted a definition of paramilitaries. These 'federal agents' clearly meet that description.

Did you not read the article?
US federal agents in unmarked cars
deployed by President Donald Trump, have also fired tear gas and less-lethal munitions into crowds of demonstrators.
state justice department was filing a lawsuit against the federal government over the detention of protesters "without probable cause".
"They not only make it impossible for people to assert their First Amendment rights to protest peacefully, they also create a more volatile situation on our streets."
violent escalation between protesters and federal agents, deployed two weeks ago by Mr Trump
federal agents have been jumping out of unmarked vehicles throughout the city, and grabbing protesters seemingly without cause.
describe how on 15 July he was "basically tossed" into a van containing armed people in body armour.
the acting secretary of homeland security defended the agents against the assembled "anarchists".
officers dressed in camouflage emerge from unmarked vehicles, grab protesters without explanation, and drive off.
Arresting people without probable cause, Ms Brown's spokesman, Charles Boyle, said on Friday, was "extraordinarily concerning and a violation of their civil liberties and constitutional rights".
local officials have said they did not request assistance from federal agents and have asked them to leave.
"Usually when we see people in unmarked cars forcibly grab someone off the street, we call it kidnapping," the organisation wrote on Twitter. "These actions are flat-out unconstitutional and will not go unanswered."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53453077
That's practically the whole quote. How much evidence did you want that they acted like paramilitaries?
The purpose of the stormtroopers was to intimidate, at first, then it was to eliminate.
Clearly, this is the first phase of Trump's paramilitaries.

IT Minion has already posted a definition of paramilitaries. These 'federal agents' clearly meet that description.
If you or dazzler can find evidence that it does.....then post it up boyo....

That will be a "NO" then.

That will be a "NO" then.
I guess I'll have to admit to being disproved in my assessment by your intelligent, reasoned, forensic, polemical, persuasive dissection of my argument.
Congratulations. I've rarely seen such powerful arguments.

Is it not worrying when you have a paramilitary force deployed by the President, and not answerable to the normal process of justice and the US constitution?

Happened in Spain ;)

When Eta were about ;)

Never worried me either

Tis what u expect from foreigners :LOL:

Does that make the federal agents "Paramilitaries".
Nope. It sure don't.

If you or dazzler can find evidence that it does.....then....
post it up boyo.
The definition of the word means 'like the military, but not the military'. If you're dressed in combats and lugging around combat rifles then you probably do qualify as a paramilitary group.

What do you think paramilitary means?

Well done. I wondered how long it would be. After trying to decide what the groups represent and whether they are this or that, legal or not, controlled by whoever, it is, of course, down to -

what does the word mean?

Well done. I wondered how long it would be. After trying to decide what the groups represent and whether they are this or that, legal or not, controlled by whoever, it is, of course, down to -

what does the word mean?
No one disputes that they're US government troops. Ryler tried to defend them from the cruel words used to describe them. Sadly since he doesn't know what the words mean it hasn't been convincing.

Para, military :confused::confused::confused:

Well Er

Para meaning near or like the military

Military from some Latin caper meaning soldiers of war

:cool:

So u have the word paramilitary meaning near like or resembling the official military

:cool:

I asked my neighbour Slippery ;)

Sponsored Links
Back