Quite a frightening development in USA, with comparisons to StormTroopers

Sponsored Links
The problem could be that America has become too liberal and not less liberal as some people like to claim.

America like Britain has been heaping up its own funeral pyre for decades.

Borrowing a saying from someone else:

Trump is not far right.
He is just right.

:) :)

Portland protests: Federal agents 'abuse power' in arrests
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53453077
It is sadly, easy to see the comparison to the Sturmtruppen of Germany in the 1930's, a pseudo military force (paramilitary) answerable to one person.

Federal officers, deployed by President Donald Trump, have also fired tear gas and less-lethal munitions into crowds of demonstrators.​
Godwins law. When you invoke the Nazis you have lost the argument.

Anyway, the BBC report is full of factual inaccuracies, tear gas for example is not lethal.

Sponsored Links
All posts matter.

But seriously, of you're going to claim the BBC is wrong it helps if you're not talking *******s. Which you were.
No i wasn't, i just said that tear gas is not a lethal munition.
Rubber and plastic bullets are a lot more dangerous than tear gas.

The BBC article was misleading because it implied that the police were using a lethal munition against rioters.

No i wasn't, i just said that tear gas is not a lethal munition.
Rubber and plastic bullets are a lot more dangerous than tear gas.

The BBC article was misleading because it implied that the police were using a lethal munition against rioters.
Where, go on, show us where they do that. You read the quote but failed to understand what was written.

If I say an ounce of silver is less-valuable than an ounce of gold, does that mean an ounce of gold is not valuable ?
Not a great example as both can be true depending on your definition of valuable.

It's also missing the point as less-valuable isn't a technical term.

a paramilitary force

They are not paramilitaries.
They are federal agents.

Who are the federal agents?
US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), a law enforcement agency within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), confirmed it was responsible for at least one of the detentions.

Sponsored Links
Back