Quiz question...

imamartian said:
(if you know, then say so, but don't give it away until other bods have guessed..)

ChrisR said:
Is it because each wingtip vortice promotes condensation from supersaturated atmosphere?

I didn't read the post properly either. I deleted my answer.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
ABout a coupleof months. Fuel might last, but humans couldn't stand that acceleration for that long.

Humans would feel quite at home with an acceleration of one g and this would get us up to half light speed in 15,000,000 seconds. :cool: :cool: :cool:

The problem is fuel. To maintain the necessary thrust for that long, we would have to consume a sizeable fraction of the total mass of the ship AND do it in such a way that it is nearly all converted into energy. Hydrogen fusion only converts about 0.8% of the mass; the rest is dead weight in helium. :( :( :( The answer, as every trekky knows, is to use anti-matter. :idea: :idea: :idea:

PS: Don't forget that you will need another sustained period of reverse thrust to slow down.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR's answer is pretty much the same as my deleted one. A plane creates two vortices as the air spills off the wing tips. The engine exhaust gases are sucked into these. :) :) :)

Definitely it was intentioned by edisson electric bulb as all we light travel (3*(10)8) times faster than sound. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back