"basin-mate" - but for 1 1/2" waste outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have found plenty of these described as 1 1/4" (or 32mm.)

..anyone know of a supplier of one of these for 1 1/2" outlet?

Sink Basin Mate 1 1/4

21jWnA1ioHL._AA160_.jpg

http://s7g1.scene7.com/s7viewers/dhtml/images/spacer.gif[img][/img]

Sponsored Links
No that's why it's called a basin mate cause basins are 1 1/4"

Why do you need one for 1 1/2" ?

because..believe it or not I have a bathroom basin with a one and a half inch outlet!..ok I'll rephrase is there anything like a (32mm) basin mate but for a bigger outlet..i.e. one and a half inch outlet

Sponsored Links
:LOL: @ squeaky . Just use a plastic washer and a load of silicone - or a hemp grommet and red lead putty - or as a last resort Plumbers Mait ;)

Just to update ...and for any soul in the future who may arrive here via a Google or similar search.

Job done.. I bought a 1 and one quarter inch basin-mate from an online retailer..cost £1.17 (delivered free if you buy more than £10 worth of stuff..arrived within 24 hrs!..brilliant service).

I have just fitted it..on a one and a half inch outlet pipe..all works fine. A tight fit up the outlet pipe screw-thread but with washing-up liquid liberally applied on the thread not too bad a job. Guess it's supposed to be a fairly snug fit. Took me about 10 mins altogether. I did use the thin white foam washer under the (plug) fitting on the basin side.

Why its called a 1 and a quarter inch fitting I'm not sure?..some sort of plumbing convention??..I measured the fitting across the threads..one and a half inches..and about 3/4" from the narrower face to the wider face. Nothing measured 1&1/4".
GALLERY]

Just to update ...and for any soul in the future who may arrive here via a Google or similar search.

Why its called a 1 and a quarter inch fitting I'm not sure?..some sort of plumbing convention??..I measured the fitting across the threads..one ]
It`s because the threads are for BSP - British Standard Pipe . and yet the plug would be a 1.1/2" and one for a bath would be 1.3/4" :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back