Quotations

Agile said:
I only give prices over the telephone and if they are accepted go there with a written quotation for them to sign as agreed.

Tony

Eliteheat, ( you dont even give us your name? ) I was trying to help you to understand why some of your quotes are not accepted and why they dont bother to tell you either.

You seem to want to be confrontational to me by saying to me "In addition, it would be extremely unprofessional to expect a customer to sign any sort of document without allowing them time to consider both your and others quotations."""

I made it clear within the quotes above that I only give a written quotation after a telephone or email price has been accepted. Your suggestion of me being unprofessional is therefore not correct as I am only there when our budegetary quote has already been accepted.

You call your customers "tossers" and perhaps are not very polite when you meet them either? Obviously I dont know but I would not want to engage anyone who called me a tosser!

Most people I do a job for must have chosen me because they are impressed by my professionalism and knowledge of the topic. Certainly its not based on the price as we expect to do a better job for a little more.

By spending time asking relevant questions I am able to work out the cost without a visit. In fact I dont understand why anyone has to make a visit for a standard job like replacing a combi with a combi. I can quote a fixed price for almost any job.

I just dont waste any time making a visit unless the customer is committed to engaging us. That helps to keep our prices more competitive.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
As a result, the reason for rejecting those who haven't been selected isn't easy to document, and any motivation to complete a form and post it off is easily defeated by laziness. It's just human nature.

In the boiler replacement business most are as a distressed purchase after an existing boiler has failed or is deemed beyond economic repair. The choice of contractor to do the work is often the one who can start soonest rather than the cheapest.

Since we primarily repair boilers I do have to say that out of 10 calls to quote for a new boiler I often end up repairing at least three of them! Many after BG have told them the parts are no longer available!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back