Quote for trench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got a quote in to dig a 150m trench 800mm deep. including within 2m of 3 mature trees and tarmac repair over about 8m.

£6750++

was thinking man and a digger £200 a day plus £100 for som tarmac.
Tops £1500 for the job, not £8100.

Am I in sky cuckoo land???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Take into account that within 2 metres of 3 mature trees may mean having to hand dig certain sections to avoid the roots. Are they going to fill it back in afterwards when you have done what you intend to do? Are they going to lay the asphalt and, if so, to what method? e.g. suitable for light foot traffic, as a vehicle crossing point etc?

Ok got the quote down to £1500 but without the tarmac repair. He will make to all good and prepare the tarmac 'hole/trench' which is 16m long 400mm wide and about 75mm deep. He said he can get it filled for £1200 does this sound right?

Its about 1/2 tonne for the tarmac and will probably take 2 hours to fill and whack it im guessing.

Thanks

I’d get him to do the digging and stone up ready for the tarmac then give it a few weeks to settle. Have a shop around in during that time.

But as a whole it’s £4000 cheaper than the other guy so upto you.

Is the tarmac area public/private/your own land?

Yep all on my property so no permits etc required. I've got another quote for Tarmac similar price to i'm guessing thats the going rate.

Thanks

Quick update trench all done and tarmac replaced all in cost £2500.

just need to get my water connected up now and I’m all set.

Sponsored Links
Back