Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got this quote for 1200 pounds cash in hand:

rake + repoint a wall to the side of our semi. Not the whole wall as half of it is under a garage roof. Approxmately 25 sq m in total to repoint. He will use a scaffold tower (which he owns, no hiring involved) for the bit of the wall which is not accessible from the garage roof.

take off old paint from 4m long by 10cm wide roof flashing to the front of the house and repaint black. This is at first floor level accessible via ladder.

Re paint c iron soil pipe (again he can reach this full height from garage roof without scaffold or indeed tower).

clean all gutters round the perimeter (x3 elevations round the house perimeter).

He estimated this at 5 to 7 days work for two of them.

I know estimates are a no go here but does this price seem ok?

North West area FYI.

many thanks

Sponsored Links
it sounds like a fair price to me in honesty if it takes him 2 blokes 5 to 7 days then yes its fair if he does it quicker then its still fair providing he does a good job.

I know estimates are a no go here but does this price seem ok?

why not get another couple of estimates then?

He will use a scaffold tower (which he owns, no hiring involved) for the bit of the wall which is not accessible from the garage roof.

makes no difference who owns the scaffold he is hiring it to you for your job,

seems reasonable if not cheap to me btw.

It's always difficult to comment without seeing the job, but from experience I'd say that to clean the gutter and paint the soil stack would be a days work maximum for one person.

Cleaning up the flashing ready for painting could be a pig of a job, although it's not particulalry big; and I'm not a big fan or re-pointing - so I'd probably expand the quote to allow for this - but I'm not sure it's 9 man days worth.

Sponsored Links
Painting lead flashings :LOL: :LOL: don`t let Zampa on the painters forum see that ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back