Quotes for external render - advice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to get our house re-rendered due to age, some blown bits and a generally awful rendering job done by the previous owners.

The house is currently covered in this hideous spikey/extreme stippled cream coating which I 'think' probably isn't straight render (we were told some years ago it may be similar to the stuff used on park homes but I have no idea). Aside from some small blown patches, however, it is in good condition.

We had a guy out today to give us a quote who said it might be easier and just as effective to render over the top. My assumption up until this point was that we would need it all taking off.

So I was wondering - if it's in good nick is this OK? They would repair the blown bits obviously. Or should we steer clear? Having had our fingers burnt on a previous house by a national building firm I am wary of taking any recommendations at face value.

Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back