Repair to render on corner of external wall

22 Mar 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I'm going to be painting the front of our house but a small area of the render on the corner of the house has blown and is loose. The rest of the render is in good condition.

I've done some research online but haven't got a clear view on how I can repair this so that I can paint the house.

Any advice on how I can replace the loose render would be appreciated. I believe it is render but from the thickness of it I'm not sure if it is render or some other type of coating?

I have attached pictures below as it's easier than describing it:

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It looks like textured paint,If so just scrap all the loose stuff off and give it a wire brushing then paint some PVA or SBR (4-1) over it, and when it is tacky, mix some sand and cement (and lime) if you want,(you could put a drop of your PVA in the mix and wet up your s/cement mix so it is like a thick slurry mix (4-1) and dab it over the areas with a stiff brush that you have prepped It should match your old stuff that is on the wall.
Thanks RoyC very much appreciated, Ill have a go.


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links