Painting and repairing Render Q's

25 Oct 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Interested in purchasing a house (built 89/90) which has all sides rendered from about 70cm's upwards. Looks in good condition no big cracks just a nasty colour.

Questions if I may as I have never owned a rendered house before and am a little concerned at the upkeep over a traditional bricked built house.

1) DIY painting or get someone in? I'm happy to paint it but there is a garage that gets in the way of one side and a large conservatory at the back which takes up about 15ft so getting over these obstacles will be my issue.

2) What to use for repairing small cracks / loose render, mainly around the windows as some of them have been replaced and the render damaged when fitting.

3) Best paint - I am looking to put it back to White or near as but dont want to have to paint it every year, I've seen Dulux, Sandtex and a Johnstones.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local