quotes

Sponsored Links
beatts i know you wernt having a go i was just speaking in genral.. i wasnt directing at you..:)

Oilman house of horrors where contacted to make a program about customers from hell but they didnt want the show, they said

" we dont think this will make good veiwing and this would be against the law "

Now how can this be if they trap gas engineers into that. Mind you it does annoy me when i see people ripping other people and joking about it tho... Like no pilot light so they put a pump in thats out of order..

So if you're a customer/consumer it's ok to be a thief?

yer i agree, what is it with the program anyways, how do they get away with entrapment?? isnt that what it is?

i do fel sorry for some of them, but what about that guy with the boiler who was asking his boss on his mobile for advise he was saying things like i am at a boiler its a erebfbfekbfwekfew and its a model dhwhsbhwynbshw just making words up, that was unreal.

Sponsored Links
...a erebfbfekbfwekfew .. model dhwhsbhwynbshw...

Probably one of the best on the market, you never hear of them going wrong.

As for entrapment, they deserve what they get in most cases, I would love to be shown on television, free advertising, but I'd be soooo boring just getting on with the job.

That's a good point. I wonder how often those tv researchers are bitterly disappointed with some one turning up on time, doing the job and charging a fair price which covers their costs and allows them to feed their family.

I haven't seen a TV show called "Plumbers recommended by a friend, who seemed to do an OK job, obviously cost more than doing it myself but I don't really have the time and I'd only make a mess of it. I'll probably call him next year when we do the bathroom up."

Wouldn't fit in the Radio Times, apart from everything else.

boxster said:
everyone gets a chance to make money its just the lazy ones who get left behind!

How true this is, I'm no Corgi Reg man I do general home maintenance and improvements but my little young business is doing really well because i work very hard to do the job that I would like to be done for me. It is hard but so much more rewarding than my old office job and I've finally got that wonderful tool kit all financed by the nice man nfrom portcullis house!

On the subject of rates it depends on your outgoings of course but my normal rate is £17.50/hour unless the work is a long way away or particulary unpleasant. (or of course if the customer is blonde and smiles a lot!).

yes bas i 100% agree with you, however i dont know weather its my area or not but i charge £55 per half hours and £110 per hour. I seem to get alot of work and have no problem with prices,,, try upping your prices a little see what happens

Ah, now I see how you do it,

.....i charge £55 per half hours and £110 per hour.

So far so good, maths seems to be working well, granny goes to empty her handbag of weeks pension, while you write the bill.

To:
replace a gas valve on a house warmer back boiler...
£110 labour and £138 for the valve.

Maths still working well though granny's clock must have stopped.

.... thats £248 for 20 mins work.

Whoops! clock still working, could be a timewarp? could be a broken calculator? could be looking for a TV appearance? :oops: :LOL:

oilman what you on about, i said i can replace a valve in 20 mins, there are still gas tests and pressur tests to do you dont you bother to do them oooop sorry your not even a gas fitter. :oops:

again the customer knows the price BEFORE i start work. I dont do a thing untill they know there bill,

1. I dont like hitting people with huge bills
2. I dont wanna do a job to find they cant pay,

Tell you want if you find a gas fitter who will replace a gas valve for any less then £110 labour let me know ,, you wont find any

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back