R1 + R2 Plugs

Spot on Ban,
I think our friend is misunderstanding ph/ph & N/N & E/E as the one (Proper he calls it) test when you`ve done the install and know its all on a ring as oppossed to PIR which is fraught with other folks blunders. Saying that you should still do the other tests to dead test yer own for polarity anyway.

Part p - yes that is a drawback that dissapoints me 1 ohm res on 15mA . I misread the spec before getting it (thought it said 0.1 Ohm) however using the easitest (metrel) and others I found that on a non RCD circuit EFLI & non trip tests gave wildly different results (non trip say at least 40% more than EFLI tests) so I always replace RCD with plain switch purely for EFLI tests . OK bit of a spherical pain I know.
Also I like to do a RCD ramp test for additional info - reveals a bit more I think

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back