RAC, AA or Green Flag

Got an even better deal! All the above but with £535 a time towards parts and labour breakdown costs on our Evoque. £245 less £162 cashback comes out actually cheaper at £83. Bought it today.
Damn! My claim has been refused on the grounds that it’s a renewal. It isn’t, but do I alternate between myself and my wife being the policy holders so that it is technically a new policy but I think they have rumbled me. Doh!

Sponsored Links
I usually buy pre reg cars and keep them for 6 years. Usually come with 3 years everything and I fork out for another 3 years of the same cover. May have to add recovery to the extended one. Bit of a problem with my current Subaru as they don't offer an extension so nothing at the moment. Not sure what to go for.

One car went over and had serious engine failure 200miles from home. I sorted out recovery myself. Enough room in the cab to get 3 of us plus the dog back home as well. The recovery cost wasn't that bad. The repair cost may have been - cam belt came adrift not long after it was replaced. Wish I had that done at a main agents.

On another car rather than using the manufacturers extended warrantee I went for another. Had a clutch problem and then found claiming was tricky - for instance phone them, have to wait a long time at some daft rate per minute. :) Had the work done by a main agent and they arranged for the problem to be sorted at min cost to me. Also paid for the phone call. They told them the clutch cylinder was leaking.

Damn! My claim has been refused on the grounds that it’s a renewal. It isn’t, but do I alternate between myself and my wife being the policy holders so that it is technically a new policy but I think they have rumbled me. Doh!
Ha! I complained to TopCashback but they brushed my claim aside. Took it higher, still no joy. I suspected they were having me over. Undeterred, I got onto the AA and got them on the case. It’s taken me since March to sort out but it just goes to show that persistence pays off as today I got this:

4B70F929-66FF-4F59-B210-E10B2B707673.jpeg

Okay, it’s £7 shy of what it should be but I’ll let that go. Not a bad Cashback from a £246 policy eh? :D

as some of you will be pleased to know. i was stranded for 7 hours on a busy dual carriegway hard shoulder. i was waiting for AA, roadside assistants.
i waited on a bridge 50 meters away, from van. and twice i saw an AA van pass nearby.
contractor turned up, just as it was getting dark.
got toed back, but he also broke down on the way. he said it must be water in electrics, he got his truck going again. i said, how did you get water in electrics. he said , from a truck wash.
i found out he only got the call to pick me up 2 hours ago. so for 5 hours no one was on my way. even after texts saying they are.
this was on a clear bright , dry day. if it a was snow storm. i dont think i would of got rescued.
would i of got a quicker service if i payed the full total cover, is that how they get you to pay the full cover. not just roadside, and recovery.

Sponsored Links
That sounds awful. I’ve always had good service whenever I’ve used the AA so perhaps I’ve been lucky but all large organisations will have occasions of when things went bad for customers. Did you complain and ask why there was a delay? Perhaps the AA, like most organisations at the moment are having problems due to Covid? I wonder how the relay drivers are coping when they have to relay a family which involves them sitting in the same cab?

That sounds awful. I’ve always had good service whenever I’ve used the AA so perhaps I’ve been lucky but all large organisations will have occasions of when things went bad for customers. Did you complain and ask why there was a delay? Perhaps the AA, like most organisations at the moment are having problems due to Covid? I wonder how the relay drivers are coping when they have to relay a family which involves them sitting in the same cab?

this was before corona. i always used AA, there mechanics are excellent, and have had good respons times in the past.
unfortunately, it went pear shape. just fortunate that truck, HGV, bus or car stayed in the right lane. was in a high risk position. on hard shoulder.

Back