Racist ? Let's start the ball rolling ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is a racist ? What do people understand it to actually mean ?

It's a term bandied about a lot these days.......if I don't like chavs with their ways, does that actually make me a racist ? If I don't like Latvians? Africans ? Immigration and immigrants ? Does that make me a racist ? Not liking an ethnicity does that make one a racist ? Or is it if that dislike is materialised in to actions verbal or something else that it becomes racist ?
If I like the scottish accent but not the liverpudlian is that slightly racist ?
Geordie accent great ! Black Country dire, racist statement or not ?

West Country good, Pakistani awful ....racist ?

Interestingly the anti fascists are so vehement in their denunciation of the far right it results in violence and intolerance on their part equal to or in many cases exceeding the far right raciststhey denounce !

So what actually constitutes a racist is it really just down to disliking a different ethnicity, culture ?

Sponsored Links
ByFEIrFVlqc2DAqJP5OT5cSCX42jUVbJ7ESLs5Dr2HQ.jpg

What is a racist ? What do people understand it to actually mean ?

It's a term bandied about a lot these days.......if I don't like chavs with their ways, does that actually make me a racist ? If I don't like Latvians? Africans ? Immigration and immigrants ? Does that make me a racist ? Not liking an ethnicity does that make one a racist ? Or is it if that dislike is materialised in to actions verbal or something else that it becomes racist ?
If I like the scottish accent but not the liverpudlian is that slightly racist ?
Geordie accent great ! Black Country dire, racist statement or not ?

West Country good, Pakistani awful ....racist ?

Interestingly the anti fascists are so vehement in their denunciation of the far right it results in violence and intolerance on their part equal to or in many cases exceeding the far right raciststhey denounce !

So what actually constitutes a racist is it really just down to disliking a different ethnicity, culture ?
The term has been sadly hijacked and turned into Black discrimination even excluding Asians and Whites. And rightly so PPatel ripped that lady a new asshole in the HOC's last week for insinuating such. Silly girl talk about lamb to the slaughter, Priti hasn't got there without Nails sharper than razors.

It is a word the far left shout at people they don't agree with

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The term has been sadly hijacked and turned into Black discrimination even excluding Asians and Whites
I think you maybe referring to the black lives matter campaign -which was set up as a protest movement to do specifically with black people in the USA.

Im not sure BLM has hijacked the term as such.

A racist is one who maintains that ALL members of a certain race have the same negative attributes which are thought to be inferior to the racist's.

Of course, some will argue about what a race is, but it is quite simple with regard to this subject.
Anything that might contain members of all races - nationalities, languages, religions etc. cannot be described as a race itself.

The word has changed meaning.
Nowadays the threshold for anything to be considered racist is extremely low.
The way I interpret it is as follow:
Racism is the feeling of hate towards a group of people with different "racial" characteristics from yours.
"Racial" in the strict common sense of the word, personally skin colour and face features are just characteristics of groups, similarly to dogs, some white, some black depending on breed but still dogs.
Now, to the point, racism = hate just because someone is of different colour and no other reason.
Personally I have never seen this in real life, only on tv.
Have I been lucky?
Possibly.
I have been in london for 40 odd years and experienced myself people pointing out my defects as a foreigner.
Does it mean they're racist?
I don't think so, but in today's world they could be arrested for telling me to get back on the boat and go back to my country.
In reality, if you think about it, they don't hate me because i'm a foreigner, probably they have friends from my country, it's just that they don't like me and pick on my nationality.
It's the easiest thing to do.
Similarly, a white person hating black people just because they are black is something I have never seen.
I heard comments, ill informed assumptions and generalisations, but that doesn't qualify as racist in my book, it qualifies as ignorance.
I have yet to meet anyone who hates another race just because they are of another race.
Hate is the key powerful word.
Then of course, as said above, the meaning of racism has been widened so that almost everything can be identified as racist.

This is the current version of the word racism, note the missing word "hate":
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

This is the current version of the word racism, note the missing word "hate":
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
That might be the situation for legal purposes, but it is fundamentally flawed as a definition of racist because a person does not actually have to DO anything to anyone else to BE a racist.

oh no.....I can see where this is going. Himmie will be along in a mo with his "racism is a construct of something or other".....

It is a word the far left shout at people they don't agree with

Yes, and it is used as what they think will be a devastating way to end all discussion and place the other person beyond the pail.

Someone on here the other day said that "everything is racist now". That is almost true. If we let the criminal mob have their way and take down all the "racist" statues, they will not stop at that point, they will move on to the next thing they consider racist, then the next thing after that. Nothing will be left. Many broken eggs but no omelette..

I think you maybe referring to the black lives matter campaign -which was set up as a protest movement to do specifically with black people in the USA.

Im not sure BLM has hijacked the term as such.

Mmm. BLM has never ever taken issue in a protest sense with a black on black murder. AFAIK, but I'm fairly sure. And, I believe that 93% of black murders are perpetrated by other black people. Between 15 and 40. Men.

Sponsored Links
Back