Rad Extension from Exsisting Rad IN/OUT Pipes

JWP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I would like to install a radiator in my conservatory. I wonder if it's possible to run the CH In & Return from the nearest Rad which is only 6' away (CH In pipe - Return is closer by width of Rad).
I would like to avoid taping in to the floor pipes because of dealing with the upheaval of carpet & screed. Would the rad work effectively if I tap into the 10mm pipes entering and exiting the nearest Rad. I planned on running the pipes behind it,above the skirting and through the wall to the conservatory.
Will they both work at full capacity if I do this or will the flow be restricted too much... I thought as they were so close to each other, it might not make too much of a difference.
Thanks,
JWP

Sponsored Links
It is poor practice to tee off existing rad supplies unless you can prove the sizing is adequate.To tee off a 10mm supply will guarantee only one result.........It won't work correctly. Run the correct size pipe to the rad even if it means lifting carpets etc....you know it makes sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: JWP
I just realized I wrote 10mm instead of 15mm (head is not engaged!... day off... so please excuse :confused: )
You mentioned if I proved the sizing is adequate, it is a possibility. Does this change things :?:

I'll take your silence as a yes... but still "bad form" :rolleyes:

Thanks for your post.... much appreciated :)

JWP

Sponsored Links
If the rad you are extending from has 22mm supplies under the screed then your chances of the new rad working will increase.I have exactly the same setup and I know that the rad I teed from has a 22mm feed just below in the floor.After balancing the system it works well enough.Good luck with yours.Sory for the delay in replying.

Isn't there some regulation about being able to isolate conservatory heating?

Isn't there some regulation about being able to isolate conservatory heating?
AJ, Yes there are building regs to comply with,but most conservatories will be exempt(so I believe) if the floor area is less than 30 sq m.the rads are controllable and the conservatory can be closed from the rest of the heated area.There may be other criteria and others may know.Good point though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back