Rad pipe position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its a downstairs rad plumed with 10mm JG push fit and the pipe passes through the skirting so presumably runs up the wall to feed/return pipes. The house is a 2003/04 build.

I need to establish the position of the pipe run in the wall adjacent to the window frame because I want to fit curtain hold back brackets but I'm fearful of screwing into the rad pipe.

Can anyone shed light on this for me please?

Thanks!

full

Sponsored Links
Not a chance I'm afraid, there are no standards for that, so anything would just be a guess. Without actually cutting back the wall/skirting to see where it actually enters the wall and from there straight up, it would be impossible to tell.

Hard to tell from photo, but they look as if they come up from floor? Is this an upstairs or downstairs window?

If you’re confident they’re in the wall, As a rough guess, you could turn the heating on and feel the wall, sometimes you can get heat transference.

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell from photo, but they look as if they come up from floor? Is this an upstairs or downstairs window?

Its a D/S rad and the pipes, like all other rad pipes D/S, go into the skirting board.

The house inner layer is timber frame construction. I've had a socket off and there are what appear to be three layers of plaster board sandwiched together then a thin gap then a sheet of Stirling board.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back