Rad problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have Potterton boiler for Rads and hot water, yet this morning the Rads didn't heat up at all, they came sort of look warm then went off, have changed the theramstat and hit the pump to no avail.

This afternoon the rad pipe nearest the hot water tank became warm, but that was it, the rad didn't neither did any others.

The hot water is fine.

Also removed the large screw from the pump a little water kept coming out (normal ???)

Thanks ian

Sponsored Links
it may be that either your pump has given up (it hasn't an airlock since that is what the big screw you undid is for) or the whole system may have an airlock, then agin it may be tht stat,

tell us more about that, why did you change it? and are you sure it is wired right? it is the stat that tells the pump to run, so if the stat isnt wired right the pump will not run, so your rads will be cool

Why did I change the Thermastat, well I was working percentages and its only £8.....

It has 3 wires of which all three are going into the same number as they did on the old 1....(Do some stats have a different set up?)

I've also bled the rads, no air in them.

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back