Rad Tails - Out of Floor or Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Going to be installing/re-siting a towel rail and radiator in my bathroom soon and was wondering where the best place for tails is, coming out of the floor or out of the wall. The towel rail will be out of the wall because it will be high but is this now a preferred method for radiators too? Going to be putting either laminate or tiles on floor.
L

Sponsored Links
Do you mean pipes ? The tails go into the actual radiator and the valves connect onto the tails.

In my opinion out of the wall always looks better, but involves more work in channeling the pipework in the walls and making good / retiling.

Personal choice i like them out of the floor, you dont have to mess around filing and soldering chome then!

Sponsored Links
I am likely to have to dot and dap plasterboard because my walls are in such a state at the moment, given this, would out of the wall be slightly better?
Going to be using plastic under the floor and then use copper for the in the wall bits. Would it be an idea to use 100% all the way seeing as it will be in the wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back