Radial circuit

Does a BA22d have female contacts and does it receive a plug?
I guess what they didwas by far the easiest way to do it (so that's what they did!), but if lamps and lamp holders were to be invented today, I imagine that it would not be regarded as acceptable for the supply to be connected to to the 'male' contacts - since that certainly would not be acceptable for any other sort of connector/connection situation.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
RCD did operate I got belt by sawing through the cable to two way switch which was horizontal around 5 flat surfaces to reach the second switch I had not expected it to be there.

The RCD does not limit the current through the body only the time the current can flow.

As to BA22d although the contacts may stick up the 22 mm diameter circle of metal they are inside forms a socket.

I am surprised at SES and E15 I would have thought they would have made them 12 mm i.e. smaller than standard finger.

For a standard pendent again not really a problem but with wall lamps, table lamps, and standard lamps and any lamp where the bulb sticks up one would hope the shuttered type of bulb holder would be used but it seems this is not the case.

However I feel this is hijacking the thread and so not really the place for the debate.

As to BA22d although the contacts may stick up the 22 mm diameter circle of metal they are inside forms a socket.
As EFLI said, not per BS7671 definitions, since the contacts are male (even if 'surrounded by a circle of metal').

In any event, isn't this all a bit silly (or, perhaps, pedantic)? Don't we all 'know' that it was not intended that 'socket outlets' should include lamp holders?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back