Radiant RSF 24 E SLIM not lighting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have had a problem for the last three days with the boiler not lighting whether on hot water or central heating.
Checked exhaust fan is operating and that it is operating the air switch which it is.
Water pump runs,exhaust fan runs and the gas solenoid operates.
When the gas solenoid clicks, the lockout occurs.
When the boiler did start yesterday after a couple of tries , it ran all night and started up in the morning.
Came home from work and started the boiler.
The flame appeared briefly , and extinguished after I heard what sounded like relays energising and de energising in the control panel.
After numerous resets this evening will not start.
Am I right in thinking exhaust fan runs , air switch gives a signal to say extraction ok ready to exhaust fumes, gas solenoid lets gas in and sinulataneously the ignitor lights the gas.
I have not seen a spark in the last few attempts.
Why does it shut down immediately ?
Does the thermocuple need to register immediately to same there is a flame present or is it locked out by another way ?
Wondering what the start/stop/energising of relays may be caused by.

Any help appeciated.
Graham

Sponsored Links
Your post indicates that you are not competent or qualified to play with gas boilers

Get a Professional qualified boiler engineer to make a repair
Gas is dangerous and not for DIY type medling! ;)

Hi,
I am competent and asking for some advice , not to be confused with a smart ass like yourself thinking he is above it all to offer assistance

Sponsored Links
Nothing in your original post indicates that you are competent
you have a Little Knowledge, which as everyone knows is a dangerous thing!!

And no I am not a smart ass, I am a competent Service Engineer
with nearly 37 years experience NVQ 3 Service & Maintenance,

Information encouraging DIY gas work is not allowed see forum rules! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back