Radiator advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This picture shows the space I have between the freezer door and the kitchen doorway, sorry it's on it's side. But the space I have is 600mm and having looked around the web for suitable radiators, it seems I don't have much choice.
The light switch position limits the radiator height and it would look very strange if a radiator came up to a few inches below the switch.
Are there any creative solutions to get an output of around 1000watts, that will fit in the space. I have looked at 700mm regular double convectors, but 400mm wide is not enough output and 500mm will probably interfere with the freezer door.
Thanks for looking!

Sponsored Links
I take it thats the kitchen? What about a plinth heater?

the CH pipes are all on this wall from where the old rad was positioned...probably should have mentioned that we took off the old rad to get the re-fit done and that is where it was.
Plinth heater would be CH or electric?

Sponsored Links
@jamesie I just had a look at CH plinth heater, if only I had know about these before we did the kitchen I would have put in the pipe work to place it near an external doorway.
As it is it would have to go in the plinth under the B/U fridge....maybe not the ideal location to have a source of heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back