Radiator Blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried to find an answer from other threads but couldn't. I am sure that this could be answered quickly from an expert.

I have a Oil fired central heating system (by the way - is this a closed system ?). One radiator is completely cold except for a very small patch of heat at the inlet. I have tried to bleed the radiator of air but I can remove the breathing screw entirely and still no air comes out :eek: . All other radiators are fine. The clogged one is at the top of the system by the way.

I am guessing that I have a major blockage and that I should remove the one radiator and try to flush it with a garden hose or something rather than a full system flush which seems dangerously complicated.

All advice gratefully received ;)
Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
Sometimes the bleed holes block up especilly if the bleed is on back of the rad, turn heating off remove the nipple an stick a pin or needle in the hole and see if this works.

slightly recklessly - I kept the heating on and poked a cotton bud in - nothing.....

Sounds like a blocked cold feed if open system(filled by small tank in loft) or needs repressurising through filling loop if a closed system.. But rads should be bled with pump off

Sponsored Links
Yeah even with all others being ok... You have said the rad is at top of system. So if there is no water gettin into system it would show in this one first. you have done the basics and checked both valves to the rad are open and if open system the header tank has water in it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back