Radiator Bracket Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My new radiator is identical to my old radiator in every way, except for one. The width of the brackets.

The new brackets are too wide, as you can see in the image.

Question
Is it possible to buy replacement brackets? I've searched the usual places, but nothing useful is coming up. Am I screwed?
1698256431685.png

Sponsored Links
Yes, the new rad came with the brackets on the right (see image).

Sponsored Links
These are tiny though.

I am wondering if radiator brackets are not really a thing!

I.e. if the ones you get with the rad don't fit, there's not much that can be done?

The new brackets are too wide, as you can see in the image.

Too wide, don't fit - in what respect? My best guess is that they space the radiator further out from the wall, but they will fit - if the correct ones were supplied with the rad. If not, then get back onto the supplier, to supply the correct part.

Just cut the old one up. In other words take a section out the middle so bracket is correct length.
Drill another hole in bracket so you have 2 screws in each peace.
2 screws on top bit . 2 bottom.
8 total screws for both

I guess you don't like the radiator so far away from wall with new brackets? So use the old ones

Too wide, don't fit - in what respect? My best guess is that they space the radiator further out from the wall, but they will fit - if the correct ones were supplied with the rad. If not, then get back onto the supplier, to supply the correct part.
Your guess is correct. They space the radiator out too from the wall.

The original brackets are a few mm slimmer, as shown in the image.

I don't think i can cut them (as someone suggested) as such a cut would interfere with the notch that the radiator hangs in.

Your guess is correct. They space the radiator out too from the wall.

The original brackets are a few mm slimmer, as shown in the image.

I don't think i can cut them (as someone suggested) as such a cut would interfere with the notch that the radiator hangs in.

The brackets are only thin steel, could you not saw/file away, the bit which interferes?

The brackets are only thin steel, could you not saw/file away, the bit which interferes?
No that wouldn't work. I would be cutting away the lug / notch that secures the radiator.

However, you've given me a possible solution. It might actually be straightforward enough to cut the original bracket (which is the right width) down to size. I actually think doing so might work. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back