Radiator Extension Adaptors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies as I've little knowledge of plumbing but... our plumber who did our central heating removed an old radiator that was sitting under our new ladder towel rail. We had hoped to get installed a nice new 600mm wide flat panel type instead in its place. Our plumber said that he couldn't fit one as the centres were different. Unfortunately the centres of the old pipes sticking up out of the floor are 685mm.
Are the Radiator Extension Adaptors that I've just seen on a radiator website used to bridge these gaps please?
Hopefully this is understandable!
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes radiator tail extensions can be used. Id prefer to repipe under the floor and make the job neater.

I dont quite understand that bit about the centres being different though? Is he saying he can fit a rad full stop?

Thanks... but the floor has been newly tiled so we don't want to take that up.
What I'm saying is that the old pipe centres are 685mm and the new ones on our other 600mm wide radiators seem to be about 565mm so they are too far out and will need adjustment inwards. Wish I could make a drawing.......

send your plumber out to buy a Myson Premier HE radiator, they come in different widths to the norm, if there's such a thing.
Widths available are
438mm
540mm
641mm
Just a suggestion, might help. (order thru Plumbs)

john

Sponsored Links
A 600mm rad using plumbcentre bull dog rad valves usually requires 690mm pipe centres the 5mm over can be lost by cutting the tails.

That is if your valves fit on side and not on bottom as some of those designer flat panel rads do

Apologies as I've little knowledge of plumbing but... our plumber who did our central heating removed an old radiator that was sitting under our new ladder towel rail. We had hoped to get installed a nice new 600mm wide flat panel type instead in its place. Our plumber said that he couldn't fit one as the centres were different. Unfortunately the centres of the old pipes sticking up out of the floor are 685mm.
Are the Radiator Extension Adaptors that I've just seen on a radiator website used to bridge these gaps please?
Hopefully this is understandable!
Thanks in advance

Get a plumber who gives a **** & tell him what you want & not how it will make it easier for him. ;)

I think I'll do just that.
Thanks for everybody's advice.

By the way, if you buy a radiator 600mm wide, by the time you add your radiator valves this will bring it to 690mm. Perfect. Change your plumber. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back