Radiator missing part???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I recently had a radiator changed in an upstairs bedroom and thought I'd use the one that was removed downstairs . I've tried to replace it, but that seems to be a piece missing that would screw into the radiator and over the valve. Can anyone tell me what the missing part is? I assume I can buy this from somewhere ? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 204
Sponsored Links
If your rad is mounted correctly, (not just held close for the photo), then you just need a standard tail and as EFL says, a hex key, (commonly known as an Allen Key), of the right size to slip down the middle to fit the tail.

That's one of the more recent type with a 15mm olive, and half inch bsp nut. Won't need a rad key to fit it, just a 16 mm open ended spanner and some ptfe.
The bit you want will still be in the end of the radiator you removed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I put the old rad outside the house and it was taken so I'll need to buy a new one- this is all foreign to me - could you post a link to the exact product I need? I tried searching on screwfix for one but they only seem to do long ones which I assume isn't what I need?
Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back