Radiator paint bubble with rust on top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed a little rusty drip of water from the top of the radiator the other day. There is a bubble of paint that can be pushed in, the size of my thumbprint.

20180211_080804_tt.jpg 20180211_080923_tt.jpg 20180211_080931_tt.jpg

I read in here this is a pinhole leak, radiators are rusted and have to be replaced asap...
Isn't this a weird spot for a leak? Has my radiator packed it ?

I don't know when it was originally fitted, we had a power flush 4 years ago and inhibitor in the system up until last year (until some people and viessmann said they only recommend potable water). I service the boiler every year, heating engineer said the magnaclean filter was generally clean.

It is a double P radiator around 2 meters long :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Looks like you need a new rad. Inhibitor helps to slow down the oxidisation process ,it inhibits it !! It does not totally prevent it .

Pinhole in rad. Ours went the same after we had a chemical clean and flush and the system was converted to a sealed one. Mind you, it was 50 years old!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back