radiator paint

WB coatings are awkward to apply to a high standard and the ideal application method is by spray. So how about WB paint sold in a pressurised can (similar to an aerosol) of say 500ml? Make available a gun that can simply screw on and off allowing the can to 'keep' itself pressurised and hey presto you've got yourself perfect application without the expense of hvlp machines. Or am i being simple? What do you guys think?

I thnk that's a good idea and would love to see someone give it a go.

There could be a lot of money to be made there - why don't you patent it?!

The only problem with spraying is that it takes longer to protect adjacent surfaces.

Sponsored Links
Appreciate your input, i've been both searching for a good WB gloss and toying with the idea of spraying for a while. I just keep coming up with the same answer that spraying isn't suited to domestic applications, but this idea does away with a bulky machine, loads of clean up time saved and fairly cheap and also an oppertunity to try spray application before biting the bullet and getting myself an HVLP set up. I think masking can be done fairly quickly as there are some good masking products available now and i'd only be looking to spray trim with it rather than walls and ceilings but i THINK the extra time spent on masking would be worth it for a spray finish.

Feel free to go ahead and patent it Emily just buy me a drink! I'm afraid the business world is not for me i'd get eaten alive!

Feel free to go ahead and patent it Emily just buy me a drink! I'm afraid the business world is not for me i'd get eaten alive!

Me neither, although there are so many times when I'm working that I think, 'Why hasn't someone invented a device which...?' but because I am up a ladder at the time, or have my hands full, I don't write it down. The moment passes and I forget my brilliant idea (until the next time I am in the same situation!).

And if you've ever watched 'Dragon's Den' or 'The Apprentice', you will perhaps, like me, have despaired at the failure of imagination, design sense, business sense and all round common sense exhibited by the most of the 'brightest and best' entrepreneurs in the land! I blame useless 'Technology' lessons in schools which lost sight of the problem-solving aspect of design! So I bet you could get out there and make your mint - the competition isn't that ferocious!

I actually spray-painted a fireplace the other day in matt black stove paint without even knowing what the fire surround was made of. Suggestions ranged from wood to marble to slate. Not sure if it was any of those, but it took the paint really well and the surround (previously paint blobbed and intermittently shiny) now matches the cast and the slips.

High VOC paint sprays are horrible to work with though so a w/b one would presumably be much healthier as well.

Sponsored Links
I think the answer is we have a brain drain in this country ie most of the talent goes abroad because we're so engulfed in red tape and beaurocracy (scuse spellin) that the wheel turns too slowly for the dynamic types, plus the chinese will rip it off and sell it cheaper than we can manufacture a product for

I escaped once for a while and i hope to again and would be far happier as a poor man on a deserted beach than a rich man in a Manhatten penthouse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back