Radiator paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What paint do you recommend to paint radiators? I know there are special radiator paint such as hamerite but can i use dulux gloss which says its sutiable for wood and metal.

What about the zinnser products - allcoat or permawhite?

Any suggestions. What do you guys use.

I need to paint mine white.

Sponsored Links
Oil based gloss is fine for rads, so long as you don't put wet clothes on them.

Oil based enamel is a tad more durable.

The point of using "radiator enamel" is that it will cope with constant heating and cooling without cracking/flaking. Yes gloss can be used on metal but not necessarily designed to cope with frequent heat stress.

Sponsored Links
The point of using "radiator enamel" is that it will cope with constant heating and cooling without cracking/flaking. Yes gloss can be used on metal but not necessarily designed to cope with frequent heat stress.

True, but so long as nothing wet is put on the rads, even emulsion is fine. Over the years I have had loads of customers ask me to use the same emulsion as the walls. I am happy to do it but warn them that they can no longer use the rads for drying wet clothes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back