Radiator Partially Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator that stays partially cold. The sides heat just fine, but the middle stays cold. The water guide bit of the bleed valve is broken on it, but I have bled it without it and air and water did come out but still no joy with the cold bit.

When bleeding the radiator the heating was off, is that correct?
What else can I try?

Would trying a cleaning solution help at all?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89458.../Sentinel-X400-Central-Heating-Sludge-Remover

The system is a combi boiler and it’s a standard radiator. The other radiators work fine.

Sponsored Links
I have a radiator that stays partially cold. The sides heat just fine, but the middle stays cold. The water guide bit of the bleed valve is broken on it, but I have bled it without it and air and water did come out but still no joy with the cold bit.

When bleeding the radiator the heating was off, is that correct?
What else can I try?

Would trying a cleaning solution help at all?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/89458.../Sentinel-X400-Central-Heating-Sludge-Remover

The system is a combi boiler and it’s a standard radiator. The other radiators work fine.

I had the same on a downstairs rad. I was told this was symptomatic of crud settling in the radiator. I had a powerflush clean recently and it has made a huge difference.

Ifs its onlyone rad then why not remove the rad and clean it out yourself,and save your money.If you are unable to do that then get some help from a good heating engineer.I may not be blocked but simply the rad valve adjustment.Do you have a thermostatic valve fitted.

Sponsored Links
Ifs its onlyone rad then why not remove the rad and clean it out yourself,and save your money.If you are unable to do that then get some help from a good heating engineer.I may not be blocked but simply the rad valve adjustment.Do you have a thermostatic valve fitted.

Yeah it has a thermostatic valve fitted. I can remove the rad, but how do I clean it once it’s off? Hose pipe? Any way of blowing some water in it with pressure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back