2 Upstairs Radiators Not Working.... :-( sooooo cold!!!!

...the pin gets stuck inside over the summer when not in use which is exactly what happened to the radiator in the main bedroom.
I recall someone suggesting this already, now who was it? ;) :D

I'll have a go at tapping the pin to see if I can release it as a few others have suggested otherwise I'll just have to replace the whole valve. Argh scary!

Pull the pin up with a pair of pliers. But why not just bite the bullet and replace valves. It'll be worth it, and it isn't difficult. Just take your time.

(Edit: Acknowledge that Bengasman's coin suggestion is indeed safer)

Sponsored Links
YAY! Having taken the top off the TRV4, the pin is up and water is flowing into the radiator! Result! When I put the top back on however the valve gets shut again!?

I've just try to push down the pin with the coin like you suggested. It was quite stiff and I needed to apply quite a bit of pressure to release it but it now moves up and down but it is quite stiff.

Sweet! I've just done exactly the same to the other non-working radiator and its now got water flowing in there. Crickey have never had that radiator working, legend.
I really appreciate your help guys, thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
Sweet! I've just done exactly the same to the other non-working radiator and its now got water flowing in there. Crickey have never had that radiator working, legend.
I really appreciate your help guys, thanks so much!

Will send an invoice :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back