Radiator pipes in walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi plumbers,

We are about to redecorate the lounge and so want to move our CH radiators, but at the same time, relocate the pipes.

We have solid concrete floors so the pipes currently come down the walls and are unsightly.

Can anyone confirm please :

1 - Can the pipes be buried in the wall / floor and plastered / concreted over ?
(i understand the risk if they needed to be accessed that the plaster would get trashed and the risk of sticking a nail through them)

2 - Can the brick cavity be used to house the pipes so they just 'pop out of wall'. (Again, i understand the lack of access issue should a problem be encountered) ?

My plan is to channel a section of the floor out and run them that way so is this the best approach ?

1 further question.......

We currently have 15mm copper pipes feeding the rads.
I have seen the small copper pipes used and wondered if they are any good and do they affect the performance of the radiators and heat output ?

thanks in advance.

Sean

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back