Radiator power flushing

R

ryoc

Just had our boiler serviced after banging and thumping noises were heard in the middle of the night. Nice and quiet now, but the rads are not heating as well as they were before the service.. Thinking about a power flush, anyone good in the Harrow, Middlesex area who may be able to do this without ripping me off? Thanks

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it?

Servicing a boiler won't instantly sludge everything up so I can't see a powerflush help.

Did they say what they did to fix the banging noises?

Thanks for the reply. It is a Potterton Suprima 60L. Had a service and upgrade, new pcb board etc. (£323!) due to scorch marks on existing 2002 board (not unusual apparently). Hot water etc. fine (have a Megaflow system), but cold rads in some rooms, other rooms nice and hot..

Did they drain down or touch any of the valves on the rads?

Normally turning the TRVs off on all rads but a cold one, then when that heats up turn that one off and another cold one on, to try and flush the rads through with the system water to clear a potential blockage.

Balancing may be something you need to do if the engineer messed with the Lockshields

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it?

Servicing a boiler won't instantly sludge everything up so I can't see a powerflush help.

Did they say what they did to fix the banging noises?
I'd hazard a guess at "turned the boiler 'stat down"

Thanks - No rads were touched during service and pcb change. I did the turn off hot rad and the next hot rad etc. to push the water through and all rads got hot. Turned them all back on and they all got a lot colder. Maybe a pump/valve problem?

The stat was set at mid position, I have turned it up to approx. 3/4 but makes no difference..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back